This plasma drill processing line is designed for wide plates and is suitable for:
- Bridge and viaduct manufacturers
- Heavy structural steel manufacturers
- Agricultural and earth moving / mining equipment manufacturers
The Tipo A lines can carry out in one step the main operations required in the steel construction industry such as drilling, milling, pointing, tapping, marking, scribing and plasma/oxy cutting with the following advantages:
- Reduced overall dimensions
- Reduction of material handling steps
- Unloading the finished parts while the system is processing
- High speed drilling with carbide tools
- High performance plasma cutting with various torch options
- Ability to process multiple operations such as drilling, countersinking, tapping, etc.
- One rack and pinion measuring system for all operations guarantees accuracy
- Powerful nesting software for material and processing optimization
The FICEP CNC plate system Tipo A are composed of substantial bridge style box frames. Two independent drilling heads are positioned by ball screws to the programmed locations. Each head has a 19 kW (25 HP) motor, with high spindle speed (3,000 RPM) to accommodate today’s high performance tools.
Additional features include:
- Double tool change system with 6 positions
- CNC controlled marking unit with 38 positions
- Plasma cutting torch positions on the same axis as the drilling head
- Possibility to install an optional second thermal cutting torch
- CNC controlled double carriage with pinchers to keep the material along the virtual datum line during processing, to accomodate also plates that have very bad side mill edges
- Automatic swarf conveyor for the drilling unit.
- Infeed and outfeed roller conveyors for 6 mt. long plates or optionally longer on request
In the Tipo A 25LG Ficep has included the lateral gripper to reduce overall dimensions significantly.