Double-column band saws for cutting to length steel construction profiles.
Ficep KATANA completes the portfolio of automatic lines for the steel construction industry in the band saws. KATANA can be supplied as a:
- stand-alone saw
- combined saw in line with the beam drilling units
Main strenghts of the Katana saw:
The Katana frame is extremely sturdy and is made of electro-welded tubular steel with adequate stiffening ribs to eliminate torsion and provide stiffness, no vibrations, noiseless and precise cutting.
The body rotates on a toothed wheel controlled by an encoder to carry out mitred cuts. In the bigger models the toothed wheel is complete with a sliding bearing. The arc is made of an electro-welded plate and moves on sliding prismatic guides. The arc supports the two flywheels to grant the band rotation. On one wheel there is the 3-phases motor equipped with an epicyclical gearbox unit to obtain all the possible speeds in accordance with the kind of material, deformation and band wearing.
The Katana band saws are equipped with all the devices which after many years of experience are considered essential to grant the best cutting result in steel construction:
- hydraulic blade tightening to tighten the band
- double blade-guides: the first guide is fixed on one side of the profile, and the other guide that is on the opposite side of the profile is mobile and its extension is hydraulically controlled.
- The blade-guides are equipped with a self-adjustable guiding system having hard steel plates to keep the band teeth always perpendicular to the cutting section
- powered brush synchronised with the blade to take off the swarf from the band teeth
- hydraulic vertical hold-downs that manually slide on prismatic guides
- blade lubricating/cooling system included in the working cycle
- two hydraulic independent vices to clamp the profile while being cut either at 90° and at mitred positions to ensure to be against the datum line position especially on mitred cuts
- devices for saw rotation through a powered mechanical toothed wheel with survey of the rotation mitre thanks to an encoder
- easy electronic systems that can be extended to manage completely automatic sawing lines (Katana-L)
The Katana saws are mass-manufactured on the basis of forefront criteria. Each component is manufactured in the modern Ficep production units in Varese, the assembly instead, handled in certified subgroups, allows us to optimize the delivery to our final customers either if the saw will be combined with a drilling unit or instead a stand-alone machine.
The electrical system is on board of the machine in an advantageous position from both functional and aesthetical point of view. The hydraulic system runs under a separate power pack.
The body has been studied to contain all the cables on board in order to facilitate the after-sale maintenance.
Each Katana saw is realized as stand-alone saw but already designed to become an automatic sawing centre Katana-L. This means that automatic transfer tables can take care of loading and unloading. A dedicated Pegaso CNC can take care of automatic cycles coming from nesting packages optimizing scrap and productivity.
Special unloading devices for trim cuts of any shape like the patented magnetic unloading option can make this saw line fully independent from operator presence.